Skip to Secondary Navigation Skip to Main Content

Current Beehive


in this section

Housing Choice Vouchers (Section 8)

Flint Housing Commission
3820 Richfield Road
Flint, MI 48506
Phone: (810) 736-3050

What are Housing Choice Vouchers (Section 8)?

If your income is very low, Housing Choice (Section 8) Vouchers let you choose and lease (or sometimes purchase) affordable, clean, and safe, privately-owned housing. The types of housing you can find include single-family houses, townhouses, and apartments as long as it meets the requirements of the program. You are not limited to only subsidized housing projects.

There are several different types of vouchers and programs. Get more information.

The Michigan State Housing Development Authority also provides important information about Housing Choice vouchers in Genesee County. Learn more.

For more help, contact Genesee County’s Housing Choice Voucher Housing specialists:

T.A. Assessment and BECKA Management

Phone: (810) 655-9976, (810) 694-3772 or 1 (866) 748-8024 (toll-free)

How do you apply?

If you are interested in applying for a voucher, contact your local public housing authority office in Genesee County:

Flint Housing Commission

3820 Richfield Road
Flint, MI 48506
Phone: (810) 736-3050

What happens after you apply?

The housing authority will collect information on your income, your assets (possessions you own), and your family members. They will check this information with local agencies, your employer, and your bank. All of this will be used to see if you are able to receive the vouchers.

If you are eligible, your name will go on a waiting list. (Sometimes the housing authority can help you right away.) The housing authority will contact you when your name is at the top of the list and will give you a voucher.

Average: 4 (6 votes)
Your rating: None
i am pregnant at the time due any day now .... i wont help to find an apartment and a job